DIY Headliner Shelf Kit for Sprinter Vans
The Sprinter Headliner shelf kit is designed to fit any Mercedes Sprinter 2007 or newer. The Headliner Shelf allows you to add storage space by taking advantage of the unused space above the driver and passenger seats. The shelf comes ready for you to paint or upholster it however you like.
THIS KIT IS MADE OF UNFINISHED NATURAL WOOD. IF CHOOSING TO STAIN AND LEAVE AS UNCOVERED, KEEP IN MIND IT MAY HAVE GRAIN, COLOR, PATCH, AND TEXTURE VARIATIONS.
- Large platform for interior storage
- Lip to prevent items from falling off
- 1/2 inch Baltic birch plywood
Our Headliner Shelf is compatible to fit any Mercedes Sprinter 2007 or newer
- Headliner Shelf
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Length: 54.5 inches
- Width: 23 inches
- Height: 2.5 inches
- Weight: 15 pounds
- Length: 55 inches
- Height: 24 inches
- Width: 5 inches
- Once you have assembled the shelf and finished it to your style, you will need to remove four fasteners from your Sprinter. Remove both the driver and passenger coat hangers on the B-columns (where the seat belts are attached). The coat hangers have a plastic cover on them. Use a flat head screwdriver to pry them off. Once removed, use a Torx bit to remove the screws holding the small metal brackets on. The two remaining fasteners that need to be removed are located on the grab handles of the visor. Locate the bolts on the rear of the handles for both the driver and passenger side, and use a Torx bit to remove.
- Install the supplied brackets on the driver side ONLY. The front driver bracket (the large wide one) will slip behind the visor handle, you can then reinstall the bolt. The bracket should be sticking straight up from the visor. The bracket on the driver side B-column (the longer skinnier bracket) should slide behind the plastic B-column cover and up against the headliner. You can then reinstall the coat hanger bracket and screw.
- Now you can install the headliner shelf. Place the shelf on the driver side brackets, keeping the passenger side of the shelf angled down, and pivot the shelf up. You will not be able to slide the headliner shelf straight in, it must be placed at an angle without the passenger brackets installed. Once you have lifted the shelf level with the van, you can now install the passenger brackets. The install is identical to the driver-side. Fasten your headliner shelf onto the mounting brackets using the provided wood screws